The IDYLLIC FINLAND tour is an utterly enjoyable way to get acquainted with the elegance of Helsinki architecture & design. It sightseeing includes an overview of the city´s colorful history before heading inland to discover the rural charm of small town Porvoo. In this idyllic setting we will delight in the picturesque beauty of riverside houses, inviting street cafes and the narrow cobbled streets of Porvoo old town. There are wonderful views to discover up on the cathedral hill and later descend to relish in some free time in the intensely inviting atmosphere around the Town Hall Square. Make sure you do not miss the legendary chocolate shop in the old town before your scenic drive back to Helsinki.
Idyllic Finland / TOUR H3
Private drive & walking tour of Helsinki and Porvoo
- Charged activity tour | 6 hours of total time committment
- Available only as a private tour (with no size limitation for pre-existing groups)
- Private tour rates depend on the number of guests in your tour group (see table below)
Day 1 / 6 Hours
Meeting in the harbour terminal
9:00 – 10:30
Helsinki City Highlights Tour
- Your Finnish adventure will begin with a drive tour of Helsinki to introduce you to this beautiful maritime city and visit its most important places of interest at your desired pace
- You will have a chance to see the Senate Square, the Presidential Palace, Helsinki City Hall, House of Partliament, the Palace of Finland, the Helsinki Cathedral, the National Opera Building, the Sibelius Monument, and visit the world-famous Rock Church
- You are welcome to have as many photo stops as you like during this tour!
10:30 – 11:20
Private transfer to Porvoo
- Following your tour of the Helsinki Downtown area, your tour guide and driver will whisk you away to see Porvoo in the comfort of your own vehicle. The drive will take approx. 50 minutes that will give you a glimpse of the Finnish countryside along the way
11:20 – 14:00
Walking Tour of Porvoo's Old Town
- A proposed UNESCO World Heritage Site, the small town of Porvoo is Finland's second oldest town full of history and uniquely preserved wooden architecture designs. Best seen on foot, Porvoo's Old Town offers visitors idyllic wooden buildings, lovely gardens and attractive boutiques along its narrow cobblestone roads
- Your tour guide will lead the way of your walking tour of the historical Old Town to allow you an opportunity to experience Finnish life of the bygone era. Make sure to bring your cameras along!
- Depending on your interests, you may opt for some private time during your tour that you may spend getting a quick snack or buying a gorgeous souvenir from local vendors. Your guide will recommend you best options to accomplish that and then provide you with meeting instructions. Or you may choose to continue to experience Porvoo together with your guide - the choice is yours!
- Souvenir recommendation from Finland: Glass collectibles, wooden mugs, traditional Laplander items, the "Puukko" from Finland (Finnish knives), sauna kits, Sami dolls, Christmas items (Did you know Santa Claus lives in Finland?)
14:00 – 15:00
Private transfer to Helsinki. Tour ends at the Cruise Port.
us$ rates per person
GET 5% DISCOUNT ON RATES BELOW IF YOU ALSO BOOK ANY ST. PETERSBURG TOUR WITH US
Max group size:
Sundays & public holidays
Max group size:
Professional licensed English-speaking tour guide (other languages available upon request) Professional and courteous driver Premium smoke-free & air-conditioned Western vehicle for added safety Direct pier pick-up - we will meet you near your ship Free time in the Old Town during the tourMultiple photo stops at your request All local taxes